Saturday, January 1, 2011

HALLO 2011!

Beautiful table
My place, with cauliflower and caviar parfait


hudson valley foie gras (this was my favorite course)

sorbet

*intermission* beautiful flowers, empty bottle of Mumm, dapper man= lovely evening

mache greens with lobster

butternut squash ravioli

Chilean sea bass

fromage!

port poached pear

and finally, coffee (and more port for me)
What a great New Year- my friends held a black tie dinner for 12. And when I say black tie, I mean it- all the men wore tuxedos and all the women were wearing their sparkly-ist sparkles. And the food! And the wine! A lovely night- I definitely think that at-home New Years are the way to go. Being pushed and shoved by strangers is no way to begin the new year- drinking cognac and eating chocolate chip cookies is literally the sweetest start to 2011.

2 comments: