Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Sweet Visit: Cleveland

Summer is the best time to be in Cleveland and this past weekend I got to visit with some of my favorite people. Since my friends there are just as fanatical as I am about food, my trip was mostly about what what to eat and when. Dinner at home with Kobe burgers from  Mr. Brisket (an old school butcher in University Heights), Saturday brunch at Fire, strawberry and white chocolate sorbet at Churned, and Sunday brunch  on the lovely patio at SOHO Kitchen + Bar...we ate and drank very well. 


Churned

Breakfast michelada, SOHO Kitchen + Bar

The best part of my weekend was, I believe, one of the nicest things to do during a Cleveland summer. We picnicked and drank wine lounging on the lawn at Blossom, the summer home of the inimitable Cleveland Orchestra. We heard Emanuel Ax play Mozart and Chopin while working our way through a picnic of sandwiches from Murray Hill Market, dessert from A Cookie and a Cupcake, and two bottles of cheap wine. The music (accompanied by singing birds and later, crickets) was blissful.

picnicking

accessories

dessert
We ended the night with cocktails, french fries, and a cheese plate on the patio at L'Albatros, my favorite in Cleveland. Perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment