Friday, September 2, 2011

Peachy Keen

Matt and I had some friends to dinner the other night- they are leaving Kansas City to do their ph.d's in London (fancy) and we wanted to give them a proper send-off. Since it's getting to be the end of summer (can you believe it?) I wanted to make the most of summer market finds.

Farewell to Rob & Audrey
Grilled Pork Tenderloin (I know, but it doesn't seem to get old)
Mark Bittman Ratatouille
Arugula with Lemon Honey Vinaigrette (Via Honey and Butter)

The real star, though, was dessert- peach melba. I've never made this before and it was delicious. I highly recommend buying the nicest peaches and raspberries you can find and making it this weekend. I used a Nigella Lawson recipe because I love her and the recipe is here.



pretty peaches

I discovered that Peach Melba goes perfectly with whiskey

No comments:

Post a Comment