Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Delicious! Ice Cream

Ice cream is my biggest food vice.

I simply cannot get enough of it. So I was very excited when my mother sent me the KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker stand mixer attachment for my birthday. I chose the most simple recipe I could find out of the Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream At Home book (backyard mint) and dropped by Sabine's to harvest her herb garden.


The result was delicious! An earthy, minty, incredible ice cream. You can use any herb in the recipe- I'm thinking next time will be rosemary with candied ginger.

In her book, Jeni recommends making a boozy float- whisky and soda with a scoop of ice cream. Of course the following night, I had to have some friends over for a tasting.





They were very good.



2 comments:

  1. Looks amazing! I feel so sorry for myself that I couldnt make it last night ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time and thank you for the mint. If I can get some dry ice we can have ice cream at our park dinner!

    ReplyDelete